Focus groups interpreting 2

Did I really say I never got really tired after focus groups interpreting? I would like to take it back if possible. I was dead tired after the 2nd day with 2 consecutive 3-hr groups, I almost lost my voice...am glad that it's finally over. It wasn't difficult, it's just tiring.

And something which has never occurred to me happened: towards the end (well, at least I thought it's almost the end) of the first day, I had an emergent call of nature, but no one's replacing me, so I had to hold it, after 15 mins...there were more questions...more talking...I had to hold it still (while interpreting), really wanted to shout STOP! After almost 45 mins, I finally could rush to the loo, and....it's locked! Thank you! I had to rush back to get the key (I didn't know where it was)...Anyways, I was very relieved after visiting the loo. This happened to me for the first time, so difficult to concentrate to intepret. Lesson learnt: Never drink too much water before and while interpreting. (No matter how dry your mouth is!)

Email Louise

No comments: