Another IT SI job - enterprise IT

I did an enterprise IT simultaneous interpretation job last Thursday. Enterprise as opposed to consumer electronics. It was quite a short notice, I only received the call on Tue that same week, luckily I was free. And they provided useful background information so I could still prepare well for the meeting.

It was for a mandarin speaking journalist and an Australian CEO and a Hong Kong office preventative, so it was actually between Cantonese, Mandarin and English (I was told mandarin and English), but it's fine. I enjoyed it and good that I prepared well with the technical terms, otherwise I would be gobsmacked.

Every party was satisfied with my performance at the end and the Oz CEO even asked for my biz card at the end. :)

I have to confessed though, towards the last half hour to 15 mins of the hour plus meeting/interview, my energy sharply deteriorated, and then I understood why normally there are 2 SI interpreters exchanging every 15-20 mins. But anyway, I was fine, just needed to be super concentrated.

Again, I am glad for the opportunity to do the job, every time I learn something new and meet some new and interesting people.

No comments: